Monday, April 21, 2008

Life called for a break!

Once upon a time, April Perry laid eyes on the shiny bald head of a man named George Calvin Gallagher! They fell quick in love, got hitched, then found themselves in "checklist mode" while trying to adjust to life without things getting routine.
After being frugal and stretching their finances like most newly weds, they decided they deserved to go all out to celebrate exactly 6 months from their first date! We ate at The Roof restaurant on the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake
The live pianist made the setting romantic & the food was delicious
~ especially the all-you-can-eat dessert buffet! ~
Then to top it off, I had a photography moment! :)
The view was beautiful ~ we watched the sun set behind the temple
Then we walked the temple grounds while we waited for the Joseph Smith Movie to start at Legacy Theatre. It was just an all around perfect evening. Now we get to try not to get catch up in the mechanics of life! I think sometimes its good to stop everything and take a little time to just enjoy life.

Life can be a beautiful thing if you allow it to be!

11 comments:

Carli said...

How fun! We have not had a date like that since before the baby! It is so nice to get away and enjoy eachother. I am glad you liked my little movie of christian. I thought it was hilarious!

Marisha & Forrest said...

Awww wow, that is so great!! You guys are so adorable, especially you're amazing shirt!!

I think I might steal it while I'm living with you guys...

Although I'll have to be more careful than merely sneaking in to your room... that could be awkward.
Hee hee!!
=D

M Crew said...

I couldn't agree more! I love the sound of that date.. do you remember when we would walk to temple square and do our homework in the visitor's center?

I think you two are adorable and I love your pictures. Very good job!

Amy said...

April! It's Amy, Kristin's old roommate. congrats on getting married...you two are cute together! I hope things continue to go well. Check out my blog at jordanandamywright.blogspot.com

whitney allison said...

How fun, we went on a real date tonight too. Maybe next time we could all go together neighbor.

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Yea it's good! How are you guys doing?! About the thank you cards, I barely started them last weekend, and got half way through I've been trying to finish the other half, but can't get myself too! I'm so bad, hopefully I can do that before we move in three weeks!!

Tricia said...

Congrats on the marriage and new life together! Life happens pretty quickly sometimes, huh? But all for the better.

Click on my name to visit my blog (I got married in September, so you can peruse the posts to see how Matt and I keep life from getting into a grind.)

Ryan and Rachel said...

We're about there for a break like this. Just goin' out and having fun after a long semester in school. I'm so happy for you guys!! PS thanks for the updates on Kristin's new young'in.
Rachel

Melissa said...

Loved the photography moment!

Rebecca said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome wedding. Life can get routine so just do things everyday to spice it up. A kid can help in that process as well.

Blaine

Mikaela said...

What a fun night you guys had. I can't wait to meet George. You look so gorgeous and happy in the pictures! It'll be so fun to hang with you guys! :)