Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ode to Marisha

I was playing catch phrase a few weeks ago and got a word. The hint I gave was, "My sister lives in...!" And in unison one yelled, "HAWAII!" while the other yelled "ALASKA!" Then it hit me... they are both right ~ and how crazy is that?! I realized that all of the kids in our family are very adventurous. My 2 sisters living in the 2 outside states and I lived in Brazil for a few months teaching English when I was 19. TC served his mission there, and James will be moving to Johannesburg, South Africa for his mission next month. We are all adventurous; I love that!

Now for the purpose of this blog: I am so proud of Marisha for going for it and following her dreams. On her blog, she wrote about how in High School she declared she was going to go to BYU Hawaii one day but somewhere deep inside of her she thought it was simply a dream - Like a wish on a star that would never come true. I am so excited that she made it happen!

Reds are red, Violets are blue,
Sisters are great, I'm lucky to have two.
Ones in Alaska, Ones in Hawaii
My sis in law's in Provo & I'm glad to have her by me.
Marisha's in Paradise (after living here)
Here are some pics of memories we made last year.

BOWLING HALLOWEEN

GOOFIN' AROUND...





I LOVE YOU SIS *** YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE***LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING***WAY TO LIVE YOUR DREAMS!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

hmmm. I didn't pay for mine, I am not sure....I like this post, those are fun pics of you and your sis!

Marisha & Forrest said...

AWWWWWW!!!!!
I miss you and love sooooo much! I laughed out loud at the catchphrase thing. I will update my blog soon I promise! I am committed just not tonight... and probably not tomorrow. I'll make it happen on Thursday!

Youngberg Family said...

I love your new main picture. That poem sure is cute. You really have a talent at creative things. I love having you as my sister!

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

Glad to read your update! Cute your ode to Marisha, the poetry was cute too. We have a great family don't we!!!
LOVE YA,
Keep up on your assignments to make your dreams come true!!!
MOM

Melissa said...

I am glad your bubble showed up!!!

DeAnn said...

Your new blog name and the "ode" are very clever. I LOVE the snowy photo of the two of you; but I think my favorite photo is the one of Cricket and the Christmas Tree!

whitney allison said...

When do I get my Ode? Marisha isn't that great, I mean, I'm really a lot cooler. I'm sorry...its just that I'm jealous that she's in Hawaii.