Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Glimpse

Finally our Holiday post! (Yes, we tortured Cricket into wearing a Santa hat which lasted about a minute).
Christmas Eve was spent with George's Dad's side of the family. All the peeps that grew up in or around New York/Connecticut area. Lots 'o political talk and jokes I didn't get but laughed at anyway! Also VERY DELICIOUS food. (Anytime we have family get togethers on George side we eat well)!!

Spent Christmas morning figuring out how we were going to get the presents and ourselves over to "the folks" house in the winter storm. (They live .2 miles away from us). Nonetheless its in a different neighborhood and down the hill. We thought about throwing the gifts and the dog into a bin and sledding over, but figured it would be too deep, too cold and probably too fun. :) We decided to go in the car and barely made it in one piece and just in time for a yummy hot Christmas breakfast.
George's angel Mother knitted me their traditional family stocking! Isn't it cute? I'm so excited to have it and for our kids someday to have matching ones too! Hopefully she'll teach me how to do it so we can carry on the tradition.

She ALSO made us the following beautiful dark red afghan that matches accents in our living room. It's so ornate and thick and warm; we love it. I will show a picture of our living room with that and our beautiful new lamps.

Ok. I was taking pictures of the Christmas Tree and Cricket apparently wanted to be in on it, you know, center of attention, and I snapped a shot. I guess she's a ham like me. Wait, what?
This picture was taken at my niece Savanna Jane's 1 year Birthday party. She was so grumpy and adorable!! She was a riot on her actual birthday though. I look forwarding to having pictures of my kids to post like everyone else, in the meantime, the pet and my nieces will have to do for now! ;)

6 comments:

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

nice pictures etc.
I loved the Christmas sock!
Love, MOM

Youngberg Family said...

Cricket looks so cute! Didn't know you were working on your laundry room. How's that going?

Hale Yes!! said...

I love your pictures and your stockings are so awesome!!! I hope you are doing well!!

TC, Ashley said...

Those pics are cute. That one of Cricket kissing you is really funny. I also love that grumpy picture of Savanna. It cracks me up. Thanks for being the photographer!

Jessie said...

You guys look great. Those stockings look great too.

I saw your cute mom at church in WA. Wish I could've seen you. Someday we will be in the same place at the same time.

whitney allison said...

Holy baby hungry post, could you mention having kids one more time?