Monday, November 24, 2008

It's About Time & WA Here We Come!

And now for a recent update!

As some of you know, we've been having quite financial challenges the last few months and have found it a blessing to even be able to pay some of the bills. I know this is something several people have been experiencing lately with the economic instability. I am happy to mention that we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. While I've had 2 great part time jobs that have gotten me through I have been offered a position at E*Trade starting in Dec and have accepted it. I will be able to use my current Series 7 and Series 63 licenses that I had achieved through my employment at Fidelity Investments. I am thrilled to be able to return to that industry and have a job with benefits etc. While George has been loving his job working as an Electrician's Apprentice, there are several classes and certifications he gets to have before moving up in pay. This new job for me will be a good opportunity for us to be able to get by while George pushes forward in his electrician career. Experiencing what we have the last few months has a way of assisting me in seeing what a huge blessing this is. It was the dark before the dawn, and the dawn is looking bright!

Tomorrow, George, Marisha and I drive to Washington to have Thanksgiving with my parents, my brother James and Kristin + John = the girls (2 of my 3 angelic nieces). I'm thrilled to be able to spend a week there. One plan is to go to the theater on Wednesday with all us girls and James and George to see TWILIGHT! (Yes, George and bro Jay have read all 4 books, I'm so proud of them)! ;) I think TC has too but they won't be there this year for Thanksgiving. I am using all the self control I can to hold out till Wednesday!

Another plan is shopping on Black Friday, a recent and destruction family tradition. ;)

George and I graduated from the 3rd part of the Self Mastery Impact Trainings. http://impacttrainings.com It was absolutely liberating! I sang at the celebration, "I'm Alive" by Celine Dion. Everyone danced while I sang and I felt so free. The training was a great experience for us both.

One more thing, I'm happy to mention that through my inspiration and other's, my mother has FINALLY started a blog. Feel free to check it out, family! http://tomandannperry.blogspot.com

Ok, that's all for now, I LOVE YOU ALL!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

April! I am so glad everything is working out for you guys! I am sorry I haven'[t responded to your texts and IMs, it has been crazy for us the past little while. We should totally hang out, and we miss you! Have fun in WA for Thanksgiving!

Jessie said...

April, that's awesome. What a blessing! You guys are such hard workers. Have so much fun in WA. We're staying home for Thanksgiving, but will be in WA for Christmas. Any chance you guys are going up again?

And I LOVED your Halloween costumes. That totally cracked me up. Love you!

whitney allison said...

Don't leave me!!! Oh wait, you already did.

Rebecca said...

I am so glad that things seem to be working out! Blaine was wondering if George liked all four books of the Twilight Series. I read about 100 pages to Blaine and I don't think that it was the highlight of his life! Love you guys!

EA said...

Hey April!

I am so glad to hear that things are finally falling into place as far as employment goes for you. I suppose it is my turn now to figure that whole thing out. Well, I still want to hang out with y'all sometime so don't be a stranger!

Natalie said...

April~ Hope you're having fun in WA. Just wanted you to know that the banana bread was AWESOME and I need the recipe when you get back.