Monday, October 20, 2008

Coordinating, Cookies and Chaos!

There are two kinds of people. The people who need to have their room “just so” to feel sane, and the people whose room IS the object of insanity to feel “just so”.
What kind would you say Marisha is?

Hey, I can’t blame her… first semester of college… having a sparkling room was not my priority!

Marisha’s top 3 priorities from April's 2 cent soap box:

1. Her guilty pleasure AKA: Finding time for whatever TV series has her interest at the moment...The OC, Grey's Anatomy and The Office, just to mention a few)
2. Schooooool. AKA: Seeking success in Nutrition & informing me of what food & vitamins I should be taking.
3. Experiencing new cuisine... AKA: Accepting as many dates as her schedule permits to enjoy the luxury of FREE FOOD. Did I get that right, sis? ;)

I made cookies! Peanut butter cookies! They were soft and warm and delicious and I owe it all to my Domestic Diva Apron. Oh, please pass the milk!


I learned today that after matching at church most Sundays, our fellow ward members have come to expect color coordination! Looks like George is in the market for a pink tie. Oh wait, he already has one from the reception. Sharp honnnney!

Talked to my sis Kristin (lives in AK) on the phone the other day for a long time and loved it. I am glad they will be in Washington for Thxgiving. I decided I am going to create a way to be there for a full week so I can spend more time with them and my fam. It will be the last Holiday I will have with bro James before his mission. He should get his call this Thursday or next.

*Dude! Story time: So...a young redheaded girl with hickeys on her neck came to the door today asking if she could shampoo the carpet on my stairs for FREE. I said, of course! At 2 pm the KERBY SALES MAN came in with the vacuumer man and was ALL up in my business while his buddy was working his vacuum magic. He shook my hand to introduced himself TWICE which was annoying, and pointed at my lap top, “So, what are you doing on there?” Just like that and I’m thinking, mind your own. He was going off about how everyone else in the neighborhood is my age and has a bunch of kids cause ya know, “it’s Utah.” ...THEN asked if I was Mormon. -Nosy salesman.- His pitch was: “A Kerby is only $2 a day, so everyone can afford one.” I said, “Well, I CAN’T and I am in a hurry to get to my $8/hr telemarketing cubical, are you almost done?” He surprisingly got the hint then left to probably go give that redhead another hickey. Gross... Vacuumer man stayed and my stairs look GREAT! :)


HaVe a FuN wEEk - gO to a HaUnTeD hOuSe oR SoMeThInG.

11 comments:

Youngberg Family said...

OH man! I've been craving sweets lately (what's new?) and the cookie got my mouth watering! Looks so good! You weren't kidding about Marisha's room! I have to admit my room wasn't much better my freshman year (ask Rachel, she had to live with me).

Molly said...

Yum, cookies!! I love the apron by the way, I think cute aprons make the food taste even better! I can relate to the freshman bedroom problem, Marisha is not alone...

whitney allison said...

Holy random post Batman! Are you alive over there? Stop working nights already, it's really getting old.

Hale Yes!! said...

I love your vacuum story. People are so weird!! You and George look very cute and I love his tie!!. . . Oh and those cookies look like a little taste of heaven. How about the next time we see each other you whip me up a batch of those . . . please!!! Love you guys!!. . . oh ya and did I mention that I am jealous you get to see your sister all the time. That would be a dream come true for me, but I don't think my sisters will ever live down here.

Beth said...

Hey April! Thanks for the comment on my blog... WOW. Time has flown by and check you out! You look GREAT and so happy :) Congrats on all of the good things in your life.

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

slyGlad to hear that Marisha cleaned her room! Is it still clean? Or does it look like the picture again!! PMA--(Marisha is studying so hard that she has no time to clean) It's dinner time and all I want is homemade cookies!!! Better get the soup on!
Love ya, MOM

Jessie said...

The vacuum thing is such a scam. Your cookies look great. And what a nice sister you are. Miss you!

Chrystal Wilcox said...

Love the apron!!

M Crew said...

You are such a great sister. See I'm one of those people that has to have my house just so, to feel sane, so if my sister left her room like that I would be cleaning it up and throwing things away!

Bryce and Jamie said...

Hey how life? We still should do lunch sometime.

Sara said...

No april I gotta say.... your room wasn't that messey at college... but I didn't start rooming with you until your second semester... you just liked to sleep in.... well i am glad that everything is going well for you with work.... the economy problem of course is a big problem.... hope that your holidays are keeping up.... let me know your address so i can send you a card...

love ya
sara mason