Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where to start?

Some changes if you have not heard:
1. 18 year old sister Marisha moved in with us end of August which has been fun! She'll be here till December. I
2. I got laid off from my job at Celerity so both George and I are pro actively looking for full time jobs.
3. For the time being we are working Part Time as telemarketers for a vacation ownership company, (WorldMark by Wyndham). Not the most exciting job, and sometimes we whisper to each other, "are we really doing this right now?" then laugh. but it helps a little to pay the bills and its a great company. I actually have vacation ownership with the company from buying a year ago and we finally used it last week in Vegas to get out of town as the stress was getting to us! (Okay, mostly me)! Here are some pictures to show what we've been up to.

My niece Savanna and I playing in September. She is a doll!

My Mom, Dad and brother James drove down from Washington last weekend to hang out for Conference weekend. We played games and had a great time. We also had lunch at my cousin Nathan and Julianne's house one of the days and my Grandma who was in town and some of the other cousins came over too!


George's first time in Vegas. We saw a lot of things and enjoyed the free attractions! It was a great time! A very nice resort, 80-90 degree weather... swimming... just enjoying what I'd like to call our post Honeymoon. (It sure beat 48 hours in St George on an air mattress)! :) The weather was perfect and the water was refreshing!


























































Looks nice and warm right? But 2 days later back at home...













Snow in October?! BRRRRRR!
George and I went on a double date with Marisha and her classmate/friend Mark to the Corn Maze. A snowy corn maze yet fun nonetheless, especially warming up with hot chocolate!







11 comments:

Mikaela said...

Wow, you've had a lot going on in your life! You know my husband's the manager for the downtown SL office of Scottrade, and they're looking for a stockbroker...aren't you licensed? He still hasn't hired someone, so I'd get your application in! I know he's interviewed some, but you might give it a shot! :)

Marissa said...

Hi April! It's about dang time you updated your blog! We're Worldmark owners too and we love it. Glad you had fun at the Vegas resort. We're going to Running Y (Klamath Falls, OR) next month for our anniversary. Can't wait! Crazy weather for October, that's for sure. Scott's still looking for work too - it's been over a month now and things are just so slow! Grrr. Oh well. Other than that we're doing great. :)

Marissa said...

Oh, and we're going to Birch Bay with my parents next week. How could I forget that one?! I guess that's one of the perks to Scott not having a job - we don't have to worry about how much vacation time he has to take.... :)

whitney allison said...

I can't believe you actually blogged! It's a miracle. Big kisses.

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a fun time in Las Vegas! I hope you are doing ok! Good luck on the job search!

Bryce and Jamie said...

It looks like you and George had fun in Vegas!! Did you ever go and get your hair done by that guy from Cali? Your hair looks darker in one of your pictures.

Youngberg Family said...

I love the pictures! Good to see you guys are having fun!

Hale Yes!! said...

It looks like life is crazy for you guys!! Vegas though? That sounds like a lot of fun!! I hope everything is going well for you! Are you planning any trips to Arizona any time soon?

M Crew said...

Ok a few things.
1.) I miss you.
2.) The picture of you and your niece .. LOVE your hair.
3.) I'm sorry to hear about your job.
4.) How fun to be able to work with the hubs. Glad you have a great attitude about it!
5.) I miss you. :)

Molly said...

So jealous of the snow!!! Sorry about your jobs, I hope you find something more permanent soon!

Chrystal Wilcox said...

hey I have no idea if I told you about our halloween party or not. Email me your address and I will send you an invite. tandcwilcox@gmail.com