Saturday, May 9, 2009

eAsTeR + MaRiSha ViSiTs + FrEsH sTaRt

April was a difficult month for me. Easter is my favorite Holiday, and I was afraid it wouldn't feel like it usually does. But, I must say Easter was beautiful. I stayed in Provo with TC and Ashley and had dinner with them. Ashley's mom was in town too so it was cool to see her and of course spending time with little Savanna was heaven.
This silly girl makes my heart swell.
And this gorgeous girl (along with many others) reminded me of my strength when I didn't know I had any left.
My Grandma Perry, Aunt Susan and Aunt MaryLou came into town from Montana so we had a little get together. 3 amazing powerful women with strong words of wisdom for me. Girlies who know how to make me laugh and remind me who I am and why I am here. Marisha came in town for a few days between her move from Hawaii to Alaska! We visited the Draper Temple while she was in town and we enjoyed the Spring weather. I'm so blessed to be able to see almost 5 temples from where I live. SLC, Jordan River, Day Break, Draper and Timpanogos is right over the mountain.
There is light at the end of the tunnel. Spring...Easter...new life...fresh start.

I'm don't want Spring to end. I don't want lots of things to end. But like Spring becoming Summer, sometimes things happen that we cannot change...and we must move along in the way that must be. And I've never been so grateful that the Lord has a plan for me.

"I know our trials are truly blessings in disguise; blessings meant to purify us so that when we come out of the refiner's fire we will be sanctified in Christ. I pray that your trials of faith will be to you more precious than that of silver or gold."

5 comments:

whitney allison said...

Cute pictures of your niece! I had fun with you last night.

Molly said...

What a great post. You are truly an example of following the Lord the plan that he has for you. He loves you! Spring is amazing isn't it? What a great tie of year for changes and a fresh start. Where is the Day Break Temple?

Mikaela said...

I am out of the loop in your private life, which is okay, but I want you to know that you are fabulous April! Whatever is going on will just be but a moment...and trust me, I've been through some long, diffuclut moments. Don't give up!

Jessie said...

April. You amaze me. You have a gorgeous smile on your face even when things are hard. You always have. And I'm thinking you always will. You never stop trying and that is amazing. You. are. a. strong. woman. I love you.

The Kotters said...

I love and miss you....and am always here if you need to talk!

Love, chelsea